What sets your soul on fire?? Besides my husband (rawr), being creative and making jewelry and other crafts is what sets my soul on fire. I’d love to grow my business this year, so I’m making it a priority.
I’ve been finding it hard lately to fit in time to work in my studio. I’m going to make a goal to fit in at least 3 hours during the week.
So tell me! What sets your soul on fire?
TGIF! It’s been a busy week! My body is thoroughly sore from workouts this week! Here’s what I did:
Monday: Tone 45 – A mix of cardio, body weight moves and some bands and weights.
Wednesday: Body Combat – my favorite kickboxing class
Thursday: Body Attack – a Functional fitness class. TONS of running, squats and burpees last night. I burned a crap load of calories!
Friday: Tonight we’re having dinner for my father in laws birthday. My body needs the rest anyway!!
Saturday: It’s Les Mills launch weekend at the YMCA. I’m taking Tone and Body Combat back to back. I’ll spend the rest of the day curled up on my heating pad. Just kidding! It’s grocery shopping day!!
Sunday is a day of rest in my house. 😉
What did YOU do this week?? I really want to know! Comment below!
Let this be your Mantra for 2019!!
Happy Sunday!! Hope you have enjoyed your weekend, I know that I have. Yesterday I slept in until 8:30am, went to (healthy) lunch and to the movies with the hubs (Mary Poppins was totally adorable!) and spent an hour and a half wandering around the grocery store with lists from 4 different people!! Today we’re finally taking down the Christmas tree and watching football. No plans are the best plans for homebodies! 🙂
I’m currently smelling turkey sweet potato chili with black beans cooking for lunches, and I just finished prepping chicken salad from a rotisserie chicken we had for dinner last night. I’m totally one of those people who spends $200 at the grocery store and then doesn’t feel like cooking. Josh is home for another two weeks, so the grocery bill is a bit higher than normal! Aaron and I are creatures of habit and have mainly the same foods for breakfast and lunch every day. We both have protein muffins for breakfast and fruit for snack. He has a lunch meat sandwich and veggie chips for lunch and I have salad or soup/chili. Here’s our dinner plans for the work week:
Monday: Chicken Enchiladas and rice
Tuesday: Crockpot roast with carrots and onions, and roasted potatoes
Wednesday: Fend for yourself night! Aaron has dinner plans with his BFF and I’ll have leftovers after the gym, since I’m going to the Rachel Hollis documentary with girlfriends! SO EXCITED!!
Thursday: Shrimp and Scallop Teriyaki with Josh’s homemade fried rice.
Friday: Out to dinner for Aaron’s dads birthday. An Italian spot. Since I don’t eat gluten or dairy, I’ll have the filet and veggies.
Tonight is family dinner at my mom’s and I haven’t planned for next weekend.
What’s on your menu??? Let me know in the comments!
Photo by Valeria Boltneva on Pexels.com
As I said in yesterday’s blog post Goals or Resolutions?, I’m working towards a consistent workout routine. Here is what I did this week:
Monday: I volunteered at the hospital in the morning, so I did not go to the gym.
Tuesday: Ummm, laziest day ever. Aaron and I literally laid around reading all day.
Wednesday: Body combat! I love kickboxing and this is my favorite class!
Thursday: Body Attack! Whoa. This was my first time taking this class. Intense, but I loved it!!
Today: Walking over lunch, but otherwise a rest day. I need it after last night. LOL!
Tomorrow I’ll either do body pump or spin in the morning to start the weekend.
What did you do this week?
A new year gives us so many new chances to do well! I love that we get a FRESH start to make changes every year, although I fully believe that you do not have to wait until January 1 to start anew. I don’t want to make resolutions, but goals that I hope to achieve in the new year. Here are my goals for 2019:
- Continue on my weight loss journey. I’d love to lose these last 50 pounds, but I’ll chose progress over perfection. Eating clean and consistent exercise are the goal.
- Be more Present!! I have to admit, I’m addicted to my phone and facebook. When did family events and dinners become everyone staring at their phones?? I’m horrible about this, so I’m definitely working towards changing this.
- Pay off credit card debt. We are pretty good with paying off our debt, but we made a few pretty large purchases in 2018 that I want to pay off. I have updated our weekly budget and should have it paid off by July.
- Meal Plan!!! We’ve gotten into such a horrible habit of not planning anything and then being too tired to cook. So we eat out. Which is not only bad for the wallet, but also our waistlines.
- Self Care. I need to be better about taking time for me. Time to read, paint my nails, put on a face mask, whatever!
- Grow my business(es)!! I have really enjoyed adding on to Morning Glory this year. I had many special orders for the holiday season. I want to continue in this venture and learn ways to create without it taking over my life. I’m also hoping to grow in my Arbonne business. I truly believe in the products and love how I feel when I’m consistent.
I came across this post on facebook (of course), and love this idea! I’m going to incorporate these into each month:
What are your goals for 2019?? Comment and let me know!
I hope you enjoyed your evenings and celebrated the way that makes you happy! Whether that be partying or in bed before midnight. Ours was low key and spent with family.
Today is the LAST day of 2018!! It’s been a WONDERFUL year for my family, but I’m looking forward to what 2019 has to bring! Happy New Year!!
We have SO MUCH to look forward to!
Merry Christmas Eve!!! It’s one of my absolute favorite days of the year. My family will gather at my mom’s house later this afternoon and we will celebrate Christmas together. I love my family so very much. I’m hoping that you’ll be spending today with those you love as well.
I’m starting a new segment on the blog. Sometimes, you just need a little motivation to start your week off right! Plan your meals, your workouts, your self care and family time. Make it a great week…on purpose!