How is it Wednesday again already? I’ll tell you I just can’t keep up. It has been so busy lately. We had a great weekend with a baseball game, girls day out with my mom and having brunch with Josh.
The week before school starts always sucks, but after losing both of my helpers makes it that much worse. I’m drowning!
Even through the stress, I’ve been eating healthy and continuing with my Peloton workouts.
Looking forward to a long weekend and the last bbq of the summer with my fam.
I have a nasty headache tonight, so I’m going to go lay on the couch and watch Hallmark movies when I should be creating in my studio. I’ve really been slacking on morning glory.
So, what’s up with you?
I know it’s not wednesday, but What’s up?? Work is insanely busy and I’m struggling to keep up!! I’ll be good after tomorrow and then the craziness will start again 9/3. Yikes!
- We’re attending a benefit tonight for a coworkers 20 year old son who has inoperable brain cancer. It breaks my heart!!! Morning Glory donated a bracelet stack for the silent auction. Everything helps, right?
- We’re loving the Peloton! Such a great investment, and less per month than our gym membership was!
- Is it possible to fall more in love with your spouse daily? Aaron is just amazing and I’m so madly in love with him. He’s a wonderful husband and makes me happier than I ever thought I could be.
- Our boy leaves a week from today for school. This mama is NOT ready!!!!!
- I miss my bestie. We haven’t got to hang out in a couple of weeks.
- I’m exhausted. Work is just taking it all out of me. I have been sneak eating the past two days. Who does that hurt? yeah, just me. I need to learn how to NOT stress eat. 😦
That’s all for now. Have a great weekend!! xoxo
What sets your soul on fire?? Besides my husband (rawr), being creative and making jewelry and other crafts is what sets my soul on fire. I’d love to grow my business this year, so I’m making it a priority.
I’ve been finding it hard lately to fit in time to work in my studio. I’m going to make a goal to fit in at least 3 hours during the week.
So tell me! What sets your soul on fire?
A new year gives us so many new chances to do well! I love that we get a FRESH start to make changes every year, although I fully believe that you do not have to wait until January 1 to start anew. I don’t want to make resolutions, but goals that I hope to achieve in the new year. Here are my goals for 2019:
- Continue on my weight loss journey. I’d love to lose these last 50 pounds, but I’ll chose progress over perfection. Eating clean and consistent exercise are the goal.
- Be more Present!! I have to admit, I’m addicted to my phone and facebook. When did family events and dinners become everyone staring at their phones?? I’m horrible about this, so I’m definitely working towards changing this.
- Pay off credit card debt. We are pretty good with paying off our debt, but we made a few pretty large purchases in 2018 that I want to pay off. I have updated our weekly budget and should have it paid off by July.
- Meal Plan!!! We’ve gotten into such a horrible habit of not planning anything and then being too tired to cook. So we eat out. Which is not only bad for the wallet, but also our waistlines.
- Self Care. I need to be better about taking time for me. Time to read, paint my nails, put on a face mask, whatever!
- Grow my business(es)!! I have really enjoyed adding on to Morning Glory this year. I had many special orders for the holiday season. I want to continue in this venture and learn ways to create without it taking over my life. I’m also hoping to grow in my Arbonne business. I truly believe in the products and love how I feel when I’m consistent.
I came across this post on facebook (of course), and love this idea! I’m going to incorporate these into each month:
What are your goals for 2019?? Comment and let me know!
Merry Christmas Eve!!! It’s one of my absolute favorite days of the year. My family will gather at my mom’s house later this afternoon and we will celebrate Christmas together. I love my family so very much. I’m hoping that you’ll be spending today with those you love as well.
Saturday was my last show for the holiday season and I was so sick! Not only was I not feeling well, they had me inside the door so it was cold and wet all day. There were 79 other vendors, so nobody really had great sales. The experience was good, and I got some special orders out of it. I’m glad to be done and can now focus on my personal gift making and spending more time enjoying my family and the season.
Woohoo!! We made it to FriYay, y’all!! I’m so excited to pick up Josh tonight from college! My baby is coming home!! I have a few projects to finish up tonight for tomorrow’s show. Tomorrow is our last show of the Christmas season. I’m taking tons of jewelry, aprons, potholders and a few reverse canvas signs. I’m ready for it to be over, so I can actually relax. I think all of this stress and constant working is making me sick. I started coming down with a sore throat last night and today my throat and ears hurt. Boooooo. Of course, I’ll start my personal projects on Sunday. LOL! We will finally decorate our tree on Sunday too!! It’s time to get into the holiday spirit. I’m usually set up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
I hope you all have a great day and weekend!!!
To say life has been busy lately is an understatement! My sweet mama had surgery on November 30 to repair a tendon in her foot. The woman who never sits still is non-weight bearing and no driving. She has been such a trooper! I’ve been helping her with things she needs, filling orders for Morning Glory and getting ready for a show this week weekend. Our last show of the season is on Saturday. I am hoping all goes well. I think this will be the biggest show I’ve done. It’s to raise funds for a high school marching band. I was a marching band mama myself, so I’m making marching band bracelets and t-shirts, plus my regular inventory. I’m excited, but also ready for a break. After the show I’ll be focusing on Christmas!!! I have gifts I want to make and gifts that need wrapped.
Josh comes home Friday night from school!! We get him for 7 whole weeks!!! This mama is so excited….except for the fact that I know the house won’t stay as clean as it has. Ha! Hurricane Josh is coming home! I’m ready to slow down and enjoy my family for the last few weeks of the year. We haven’t even decorated the tree yet! We went to get our trees as a family this past Sunday. We picked Josh up for the day and then took him back. I’ve never had an empty tree in my living room for longer than 10 minutes, so it’s bugging me. Between work, gym, crafting, grocery shopping, etc there just hasn’t been time!! So here it sits.
Here are a few cute items I have going on for Morning Glory. I’ve been selling pretty consistently!
Here are a few pics from our last show, too!
Hope you are all enjoying this holiday season!!!
Hello!! It’s always so hard to come back to work after an extended weekend. I was off work for 5 glorious days, and I’m feeling it this morning!
How was everyone’s Thanksgiving?? Ours was absolutely lovely, and filled with family, food and fun! Thursday we were able to spend time with both of our families and filled our bellies a little too much. It was worth it!!
Friday my mom and my bestie and I headed out to the mall by 4am. This year was a little different though, as the kids were all awake and came with us!! Josh, Ava and my cousin Breanna joined us and split off as soon as we arrived. We gave them some cash and said, “Pick out a few things for Christmas!” We had breakfast around 9am and then headed home…to NAP! It was so much fun! Josh grabbed some Beatles socks, a record or two and a few other items he was hoping for. I just can’t remember what they are…I’ll be surprised when I go to wrap. 🙂 Besides a few gift cards, we are DONE our shopping! Woohoo!!!
Saturday I had my first craft show of the season. It benefited a local church preschool program and there were so many amazing vendors there!! I set up my jewelry and some of my wood signs and pictures. I was pretty pleased with my sales, but I spent most of it on goods for myself. LOL! Lularoe, Posh, handmade banners, etc. We have another craft market this Sunday and next at the Natural Foods store and then a big one on 12/15 at a local high school. That one benefits a marching band, so you know I’m on that!! I’ll always be a marching band mama! I have a lot to work on this week to be ready for the shows!! Here are a couple pictures from Saturday:
It was so nice to relax yesterday until it was time to take Josh back to school. The house will be quiet (and clean!) again for the next 3 weeks until Winter break begins, but I will miss my boy so much!!! We will see him on Saturday for his winter concert, though.
I’m starting another Arbonne 30 day cleanse from now until Christmas Eve today. I did a lot of meal prep when I returned home from taking Josh. Muffins, Turkey and vegetable soup, salad. I feel so much better when I’m eating properly. I have no regrets of the past weekend though. I was still mindful of everything I ate. Did I have a slice of pie? yep, but just one. Did I have a few sugar free Starbucks Latte’s? Oh, yes I did and I enjoyed every sip…until the acid gave me an upset stomach.
Busy week ahead! What’s on YOUR agenda??